"Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time."
- George Bernard Shaw
DDRS - Drink Drive Rehabilitation Scheme
GET 25% OFF YOUR DRIVING BAN IF CONVICTED OF DRIINK DRIVING
Under the Road Traffic Offenders Act (1988) people convicted of a drink driving offence can receive up to one quarter of the time off their ban if they participate on an approved Drink Driver Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS) course. The Driving Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) act on behalf of The Secretary of State by ensuring that service providers fulfil the specified criteria to enable them to be approved course providers of the DDRS.
How can I be referred for DDRS course?
It is only at the time of sentencing (when you appear at court) that you can be referred by the court to an approved Drink Drive Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS) training course. All sentencing courts across Scotland are aware of the DDRS. You should ask your solicitor or the duty solicitor to inquire if the Sherriff would consider the DDRS as a disposal for you.
*Please note that you cannot ask for the DDRS after you have been sentenced at court.
ISM Psychological Services Ltd are the only Scottish based company who are DDRS approved training providers.
What happens when you are referred to an approved course?
- ISM receive your referral from the sentencing court and respond to this within 3 working days.
- ISM make contact with you or you can contact them direct after you have been referred. The court and your solicitor will have our contact details.
- By law you must pay the full amount for the course before you complete the course. However, you will be required to pay a £50 deposit to make sure you are booked onto a course before your completion date. You can make arrangements on how you will pay the remainder of the course fee with ISM office when you speak to them. The fee for the course for an early booking is £150.00 or for installment bookings it is £170. You can pay the £50 deposit and make arrangements to pay the course in full.
- ISM will send you confirmation details of the course dates and venue.
Why choose ISM as a DDRS provider?
- We are the only Scottish based company who are approved training providers.
- We have tailored our training course to the habits and culture of Scottish people.
- Our courses have information about Scottish law and government policies on alcohol.
- In every course we use a realistic rather than idealistic model of evaluation. This helps people use their own drinking patterns to ensure they are not reconvicted.
- All our courses are interactive. They are not a lecture and they do not contain hard hitting material.
- All our facilitators are non-judgemental. They know their job is to educate you on the facts about alcohol and to encourage your participation so you get the most out of the course.
- We endeavour to work closely with courts and solicitors across Scotland.
- We guarantee that when referred to ISM DDRS will provide a training course near you within the timescales provided by the court. We deliver our courses 7 days per week.
Book a course
Call, email or book online.